- Winner of the invited competition for campus planning and MSSD Residence Hall at Gallaudet University. Washington, DC. With Dangermond Keane Architects.
- Architecture Record Good Design is Good Business Award. NASA Sustainability Base. Moffett Field, CA with William McDonough +Partners.
- Virginia ASLA Presidential Award of Excellence and the Community Service Honor Award for The StoryLine Project. Charlottesville, VA.
- Virginia ASLA Merit Award for Design Excellence. The Jefferson Scholars Foundation. Charlottesville,VA.
- Building Stone Institute Tucker Award: Jefferson Scholars Foundation
- National ASLA Honor Award: Manassas Park Elementary School Landscape
- Katerva Award Nomination. NASA Sustainability Base. Moffet Field, CA.
- Center for Environmental Innovation Award. NASA Sustainability Base. Moffet Field, CA
- GreenGov Presidential Award. NASA Sustainability Base. Moffet Field, CA
- ENR California, Best Projects of 2011, Award of Merit--Green Building
- COTE Top Ten Green Project for Excellence in Sustainable Design for Manassas Park Elementary, Manassas, VA
- Silicon Valley Best Green Project for NASA Sustainability Base. NASA Ames. Moffett Field, CA.
- Excellence in Architecture, AIA Virginia, Manassas Park Elementary, Manassas, VA
- Excellence in Architecture, AIA Virginia, Jefferson Scholars Foundation, Charlottesville, VA
- Excellence in Landscape Architectural Achievement, City of Palo Alto Architectural Review Board for Vmware Campus, Palo Alto, CA
- Silver Medal Rudy Bruner Urban Excellence Award for The Community Chalkboard. Charlottesville, VA
- ASLA Honor Award for Planning & Analysis for Rockefeller Park Strategic Planning. Cleveland, OH
- Virginia ASLA Honor Award for Design for John Paul Jones Arena. Charlottesville, VA
- Inform Design Award: Community Chalkboard and Podium. Charlottesville, VA
- Inform Design Award: McGuffey Park Restoration. Charlottesville, VA
- Inform Design Award: Averett University Stormwater Court. Danville, VA
- Finalist: From the Ground Up Housing Competition. Syracuse, NY with Erdy McHenry Architects and Tim Stenson
- Inform Award of Excellence in Design: John Paul Jones Arena Landscape. Charlottesville, VA
- Building Stone Institute Tucker Award: Community Chalkboard and Podium. Charlottesville, VA
- Pete O’Shea selected for Innovation Award for Best Green Designer by Virginia Sustainable Building Network
- Virginia ASLA Merit Award: Community Chalkboard and Podium. Charlottesville, VA
- Society for College and University Planning Merit Award for Excellence in Architecture: New Building for Averett Student Commons. Danville, VA with VMDO Architects
- POLLSTAR Concert Industry Award for Best New Venue for JPJ Arena. Charlottesville, VA
- Selected for inclusion in The Green House: New Directions in Sustainable Architecture and Design exhibit at the National Building Museum: Greenbridge. Chapel Hill, NC
- AIA Central Virginia Chapter Award: Bison High Performance Courtyard -Banff, Alberta, Canada with William McDonough + Partners
- Winner of Fort Collier Design Competition. Winchester, VA with Reader & Swartz Architects
- Winner of Design Competition for the Civic Core of Belvedere. Charlottesville, VA with Hays + Ewing Design Studio
- AIA Northern Virginia Chapter Award: Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum. Winchester, VA with Reader & Swartz Architects
- AIA James River Chapter Award: Ernie Morgan Environmental Action Center. Norfolk, VA with Watershed Architects
- Virginia AIA Award of Honor: Barn Complex. Albemarle County, VA with VMDO Architects
- Slip Garden. Finalist for 55 Water Street Elevated Plaza International Design Competition; included in national exhibit at The Urban Center: New York, NY
- First Honorable Mention in 13-Acres International Design Competition East Clayton, British Columbia
- Finalist: Seibert Circle International Public Art Competition Accumulation and Dispersal. Vail, CO
- Greenport International Waterfront Design Competition entry selected for inclusion in exhibition at The Van Alen Institute. New York, NY
- Pete O’Shea awarded Rome Prize Fellowship in Landscape Architecture. American Academy in Rome